By Peter Chipman, OCW Digital Publication Specialist and OCW Educator Assistant
For the past 31 years, the MacVicar Faculty Fellows Program has honored several MIT professors each year who have made outstanding contributions to undergraduate teaching, educational innovation, and mentoring.
This year’s awardees are Professors John Gabrieli (brain and cognitive sciences), Marah Gubar (literature), Adam C. Martin (biology), and Larry Sass (architecture). OCW is honored to share courses from three of this year’s Fellows:
Adam C. Martin
- 7.016 Introductory Biology (with Prof. Barbara Imperiali and Dr. Diviya Ray)
- 4.500 Introduction to Design Computing
- 4.501 Architectural Construction and Computation (with Prof. Joel Turkel)
- 4.510 Digital Design Fabrication
- 4.511 Digital Mock-Up Workshop
Through the OCW Educator initiative, we have also collected Instructor Insights from many past MacVicar Fellows. On the OCW website, you can delve into the minds of Catherine Drennan, Lorna Gibson, George Verghese, Patrick Henry Winston, and many other MIT professors advancing teaching and learning in their fields.